Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What I'm reading right now...




We're doing Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink as a lunchtime read aloud and it is a big hit! It is fun to read, and appealing to all my kids - my little boys (3&5 - though I think the three year old is mostly focused on his food) and my big girls (12 & 9). We see Caddie, a smart and brave eleven year old, coming of age in a big family in the 1860s in frontier Wisconsin.












This is my current book club book and I am loving it. I can't wait to write about what I'm learning. It may be that this life-long pessimist is ready to convert!












The Lighting Thief is a pre-read for my oldest. It's fun, definitely light and is very reminiscent of Harry Potter. So far, I've no problem with it, but I'm only a quarter of the way in, so the jury's still out.













This beautifully written book was a gift from a dear friend of mine who is herself, a fabulous mother. It is full of lovely stories of motherhood, which, while inspiring, are real not really-sweet.








A fairly varied collection if I do say so myself!

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment