Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Seeing...

Two weeks ago I had lasik surgery and for at least another week after that I couldn’t see well at all. Not seeing was distressing, irritating, and disorienting. On top of that I got sick, so I wasn’t good for much of anything.

The scripture story of the week was “Jesus Forgives a Woman,” when Simon resists the Savior forgiveness of the woman who bathes his feet with her tears. As we were reading I pointed out the phrase in Luke 7:44.

And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman?

The Savior wanted Simon to really see the woman, for it is the seeing that changes our hearts. The kids listened and then laughed and said, “You can’t do that right now, Mom!”


Oh, but I could. And in some ways it was so much easier when I could do less. Now that there is more to do, it can be so much harder to truly see.


My favorite scripture is D&C 76:94


They who dwell in his presence are the church of the Firstborn; and they see as they are seen, and know as they are known, having received of his fulness and of his grace;
It will certainly take the fullness of His grace for me to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment