Thursday, March 31, 2011

No Matter What


I just got back from my walk. I have been skipping it a lot lately – worried that the wind will dry out my eyes. But as an unfortunate “unintended consequence” the lack of fresh air was drying out my soul. I’ve been so tired lately and I’m thinking, hoping, that by adding back in my daily walk, I can increase my energy level.


It seems too often that when life fills itself with exceptions, I exempt my basics. This is not a good plan. It is those basics that hold my life together, and I need to make time for them every day.


My NO MATTER WHAT List

1. Pray

2. Read my Scriptures (audio versions will work if you simply can’t see)

3. Workout (exceptions made for up to two days of dire illness, or an early morning temple trip)

4. Walk Outside

5. Smile

1 comment:

  1. Yippee!!! I am so glad you are writing! I clicked over here this morning to see if you had written anything since "Three Cups of Tea" and was giddy with delight to read all these recent posts! Thank you for sharing your thoughts - I will now look forward to them every day! I just put Albert on hold at the library and a lunch-time read-aloud??? What an intriguing idea...will have to ponder that one.

    What is your favorite article in A Mother in Me?

    Love you!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete